Polk Legend Series Premium Floorstanding Tower Speaker with Patented SDA-PRO Technology
Drawing from more than 45 years’ experience in developing loudspeakers, the Legend Series defines the next generation of Polk
The Legend L800 is a high-performance floorstanding loudspeaker that renders the most lifelike, detailed, true stereo imaging you have ever heard.
Next generation patented SDA-PRO technology makes the loudspeakers disappear, revealing the true imaging of the original recording.
Features twin newly designed high resolution 1” Pinnacle tweeters, dual Turbine Cone mid-range drivers and dual 10” woofers with Enhanced Power Port.
Legendary Technology Returns
For the first time in nearly 25 years, Polk is introducing a new SDA speaker – the Polk Legend L800. The Legend L800 floorstanding speaker features new patents that build on the original SDA mission of maintaining full stereo separation all the way from the source to your ears. As a result, L800 renders the most lifelike detailed, stereo imaging you have ever heard from Polk. The speakers seem to disappear as the sonic images fill your listening room with startling realism. It does this by minimizing the inherent distortion found in all stereo speakers known as interaural crosstalk (IAC) by utilizing a second column of transducers called a dimensional array. Conventional speakers restrict what you hear due to their failure to maintain complete stereo separation from the source to the speaker to your ears. The new dual 1” Pinnacle Tweeters add incredibly clear highs whereas two new Turbine Cones mid-range drivers deliver a detailed, smooth mid-range in the critical listening area. Dual 10” woofers, and the addition of the newly revamped Enhanced Power Port, delivers unmatched clarity, balance, depth and detail. The Legend L800 speakers are the most revealing and best sounding SDA speakers Polk has ever made.
SDA-PRO Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Tweeter – 1″ Ring Radiator (x2)
- Mid-range/Mid-bass – 5.25″ (x2)
- Woofers – 10″ (x2)
- Frequency Response (-3dB limits) – 32Hz-38kHz
- Overall Frequency Response – 24Hz-50kHz
- Steady State Recommended – 25-300W
- Recommended Watts per Channel – 100W
- 2.83V Sensitivity – 87dBSPL@2.83V
- Impedance – 4?(2.8? min.)
- Tweeter/Mid-range Crossover Frequency – 2.8kHz
- Mid-range/Mid-bass Crossover Frequency – 370Hz
- Dimensions W x H x D – 17.94 x 48.60 x 17.38 in / 455.6 x 1234.5 x 441.4 mm
- Product Weight – 118 lbs / 53.5 kg
- Shipping Weight – 151 lbs / 68.5 kg
- Mid-range Enclosure Type – Sealed
- Woofer Enclosure Type – Power Port
- Available Finishes Brown Walnut / Black Ash – Brown Walnut / Black Ash
- Feet – Spike and Pad
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.